- What does universal health coverage mean?.Lancet. 2014; 383: 277-279https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(13)60955-1
WHO. Universal health coverage: supporting country needs. Available at: http://www.who.int/contracting/UHC_Country_Support.pdf. Accessed August 5, 2017.
WHO. Sustainable Development Goal 3: Health. 2016. Available at: http://www.who.int/topics/sustainable-development-goals/targets/en/. Accessed August 5, 2017.
- Chronic kidney disease and mortality risk: a systematic review.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2006; 17: 2034-2047https://doi.org/10.1681/ASN.2005101085
- Taming the chronic kidney disease epidemic: a global view of surveillance efforts.Kidney Int. 2014; 86: 246-250https://doi.org/10.1038/ki.2014.190
- Chronic kidney disease as a global public health problem: approaches and initiatives—a position statement from Kidney Disease Improving Global Outcomes.Kidney Int. 2007; 72: 247-259https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.ki.5002343
- Global prevalence of chronic kidney disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis.PLoS One. 2016; 11e0158765https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0158765
- Kidney disease as a risk factor for development of cardiovascular disease.Circulation. 2003; 108: 2154-2169https://doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.0000095676.90936.80
- Cardiovascular disease in chronic kidney disease: a clinical update from Kidney Disease: Improving Global Outcomes (KDIGO).Kidney Int. 2011; 80: 572-586https://doi.org/10.1038/ki.2011.223
- Lower estimated GFR and higher albuminuria are associated with adverse kidney outcomes: a collaborative meta-analysis of general and high-risk population cohorts.Kidney Int. 2011; 80: 93-104https://doi.org/10.1038/ki.2010.531
- Acute kidney injury: an increasing global concern.Lancet. 2013; 382: 170-179https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(13)60647-9
- Recognition and management of acute kidney injury in the International Society of Nephrology 0by25 Global Snapshot: a multinational cross-sectional study.Lancet. 2016; 387: 2017-2025https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(16)30240-9
- Acute kidney injury and chronic kidney disease: an integrated clinical syndrome.Kidney Int. 2012; 82: 516-524https://doi.org/10.1038/ki.2012.208
ISN. Regions. Available at: https://www.theisn.org/about-isn/regions. Accessed August 5, 2017.
World Bank. World Bank country and lending groups—World Bank data help desk. Available at: https://datahelpdesk.worldbank.org/knowledgebase/articles/906519. Accessed August 25, 2017.
World Bank. Health expenditure, total (% of GDP). December 2016. Available at: http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH.XPD.TOTL.ZS. Accessed December 30, 2016.
- KHA-CARI Guideline: early chronic kidney disease: detection, prevention and management: early chronic kidney disease guidelines.Nephrology. 2013; 18: 340-350https://doi.org/10.1111/nep.12052
- Early chronic kidney disease: diagnosis, management and models of care.Nat Rev Nephrol. 2015; 11: 491-502https://doi.org/10.1038/nrneph.2015.85
- Evaluation and management of chronic kidney disease: synopsis of the kidney disease: improving global outcomes 2012 clinical practice guideline.Ann Intern Med. 2013; 158: 825-830https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-158-11-201306040-00007
- The impact of automated eGFR reporting and education on nephrology service referrals.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2008; 23: 3845-3850https://doi.org/10.1093/ndt/gfn385
- Chronic kidney disease and automatic reporting of estimated glomerular filtration rate: new developments and revised recommendations.Med J Aust. 2012; 197: 224-225
International Diabetes Foundation. IDF diabetes atlas. Available at: http://www.diabetesatlas.org/. Accessed August 5, 2017.
- Association of glycaemia with macrovascular and microvascular complications of type 2 diabetes (UKPDS 35): prospective observational study.BMJ. 2000; 321: 405-412https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.321.7258.405
- Cost of peritoneal dialysis and haemodialysis across the world.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2013; 28: 2553-2569https://doi.org/10.1093/ndt/gft214
- Satisfaction with care in peritoneal dialysis patients.Kidney Int. 2006; 70: 1325-1331
- Impacts of geographic distance on peritoneal dialysis utilization: refining models of treatment selection.Health Serv Res. 2017; 52: 35-55https://doi.org/10.1111/1475-6773.12489
- Renal services disaster planning: lessons learnt from the 2011 Queensland floods and North Queensland cyclone experiences.Nephrology. 2013; 18: 41-46https://doi.org/10.1111/nep.12008
- The current state of peritoneal dialysis.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2016; 27: 3238-3252https://doi.org/10.1681/ASN.2016010112
- Peritoneal dialysis-first policy made successful: perspectives and actions.Am J Kidney Dis. 2013; 62: 993-1005https://doi.org/10.1053/j.ajkd.2013.03.038
- Universal coverage of renal dialysis in Thailand: promise, progress, and prospects.BMJ. 2013; 346: f462
- ASN End-Stage Renal Disease Task Force: perspective on prospective payments for renal dialysis facilities.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2010; 21: 1235-1237https://doi.org/10.1681/ASN.2010060656
- A global overview of the impact of peritoneal dialysis first or favored policies: an opinion.Perit Dial Int. 2015; 35: 406-420https://doi.org/10.3747/pdi.2013.00204
- How to meet the demand for good quality renal dialysis as part of universal health coverage in resource-limited settings?.Heal Res Policy Syst. 2016; 14: 21https://doi.org/10.1186/s12961-016-0090-7
- The International Society of Nephrology (ISN): roles and challenges in Africa and other resource-limited communities.Clin Nephrol. 2016; 86: 3-7https://doi.org/10.5414/CNP86S101
ISN. PD for AKI: Saving Young Lives project. Available at: https://www.theisn.org/programs/saving-young-lives-project. Accessed August 25, 2017.
- Peritoneal dialysis to treat patients with acute kidney injury—the Saving Young Lives experience in West Africa: proceedings of the Saving Young Lives Session at the First International Conference of Dialysis in West Africa, Dakar, Senegal, December 2015.Perit Dial Int. 2017; 37: 155-158https://doi.org/10.3747/pdi.2016.00178
- “Saving Young Lives” with acute kidney injury: the challenge of acute dialysis in low-resource settings.Kidney Int. 2016; 89: 254-256https://doi.org/10.1016/j.kint.2015.10.009
- Comparison of mortality in all patients on dialysis, patients on dialysis awaiting transplantation, and recipients of a first cadaveric transplant.N Engl J Med. 1999; 341: 1725-1730https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM199912023412303
- Living kidney donor transplantation in a resource-limited country: the Ivory Coast experience.Transplant Proc. 2015; 47: 1580-1584https://doi.org/10.1016/j.transproceed.2015.03.053
- Transforming our world: implementing the 2030 agenda through sustainable development goal indicators.J Public Health Policy. 2016; 37: 13-31https://doi.org/10.1057/s41271-016-0002-7
WHO. WHO model lists of essential medicines. 2017. Available at: http://www.who.int/medicines/publications/essentialmedicines/en/. Accessed August 5, 2017.
- Capacity to control noncommunicable diseases in the countries of South-East Asia.Health Policy. 2009; 92: 43-48https://doi.org/10.1016/j.healthpol.2009.02.003
- Assessment of global kidney health care status.JAMA. 2017; 317: 1864https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2017.4046
- Global Kidney Health Atlas (GKHA): design and methods.Kidney Int Suppl. 2017; 7: 145-153https://doi.org/10.1016/j.kisu.2017.08.001
WHO. Monitoring the building blocks of health systems: a handbook of indicators and their measurement strategies. Available at: http://www.who.int/healthinfo/systems/WHO_MBHSS_2010_full_web.pdf. Accessed August 5, 2017.