- Health Systems Financing: Toolkit on Monitoring Health Systems Strengthening.World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland2008
- Focus on Health Spending: OECD Health Statistics.Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, Paris, France2015
- WHO Global Health Expenditure Atlas.World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland2014
- World Health Statistics 2014: Indicator Compendium.World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland2014
- The contribution of chronic kidney disease to the global burden of major noncommunicable diseases.Kidney Int. 2011; 80: 1258-1270
- Health in 2015: From MDGs, Millennium Development Goals to SDGs, Sustainable Development Goals.World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland2015
International Society of Nephrology. ISN regions. 2017. Available at: https://www.theisn.org/about-isn/regions. Accessed August 23, 2017.
World Bank. World Bank country and lending groups: World Bank data help desk. Available at: https://datahelpdesk.worldbank.org/knowledgebase/articles/906519-world-bank-country-and-lending-groups. Accessed August 23, 2017.
- Monitoring progress towards universal health coverage at country and global levels.PLoS Med. 2014; 11e1001731
- Haemodialysis: cost-conscious end-stage renal failure management.Nephrology. 1998; 4: S96-S100
International Health Partnership. Progress in the International Health Partnership and Related Initiatives, 2014 Performance Report. Geneva, Switzerland: International Health Partnership; 2014.
- Organ transplantation in developing countries.World Health Forum. 1998; 19: 120-123
- Monitoring the Building Blocks of Health Systems: A Handbook of Indicators and Their Measurement Strategies.World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland2010
- End-stage renal disease in India and Pakistan: burden of disease and management issues.Kidney Int Suppl. 2003; 83: S115-S118
- The dangers of rationing dialysis treatment: the dilemma facing a developing country.Kidney Int. 2006; 70: 1107-1114
- Worldwide access to treatment for end-stage kidney disease: a systematic review.Lancet. 2015; 385: 1975-1982
- Fifty years of dialysis in Africa: challenges and progress.Am J Kidney Dis. 2015; 65: 502-512
- KDOQI US commentary on the 2012 KDIGO clinical practice guideline for the evaluation and management of CKD.Am J Kidney Dis. 2014; 63: 713-735
- Cost-effectiveness of primary screening for CKD: a systematic review.Am J Kidney Dis. 2014; 63: 789-797
- Cost-effectiveness of chronic kidney disease mass screening test in Japan.Clin Exp Nephrol. 2012; 16: 279-291
- Optimal strategies for identifying kidney disease in diabetes: properties of screening tests, progression of renal dysfunction and impact of treatment—systematic review and modelling of progression and cost-effectiveness.Health Technol Assess. 2014; 18: 1-128
- Budget impact analysis of chronic kidney disease mass screening test in Japan.Clin Exp Nephrol. 2014; 18: 885-891
- Population based screening for chronic kidney disease: cost effectiveness study.BMJ. 2010; 341: c5869
- KHA-CARI guideline: early chronic kidney disease: detection, prevention and management.Nephrology. 2013; 18: 340-350
- Chronic kidney disease as a global public health problem: approaches and initiatives—a position statement from Kidney Disease Improving Global Outcomes.Kidney Int. 2007; 72: 247-259
Powles J, Comim F. Public health infrastructure and knowledge. In: Smith R, Beaglehole R, Woodward D, Drager N, eds. Global Public Goods for Health: Health Economic and Public Health Perspectives. 2003:159–176.
- National Healthcare Disparities Report.US Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD2010
- Closing the gap in a generation: health equity through action on the social determinants of health.Lancet. 2008; 372: 1661-1669
Provincial Health Services Authority. Towards Reducing Health Inequities: A Health System Approach to Chronic Disease Prevention. A Discussion Paper. British Columbia, Canada: Provincial Health Services Authority; Ottawa: Government of Canada; 2011.
- Global Kidney Health Atlas (GKHA): design and methods.Kidney Int Suppl. 2017; 7: 145-153https://doi.org/10.1016/j.kisu.2017.08.001
- Assessment of global kidney health care status.JAMA. 2017; 317: 1864-1881
Blanchette C, Tolley E. Public and Private Sector Involvement in Health Care Systems: An International Comparison. Revised edition. Ottawa: Government of Canada; 2001.
- Public- and Private-Sector Involvement in Health-Care Systems: A Comparison of OECD Countries.Revised edition. Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, Paris, France2001